The story of good value in a race car.
One of the most cared for, well developed, mechanical assemblies in the modern world has to be a race car at the peak of its development. Not to mention the object of a ton of money poured, effort spent, heartbreak survived, wild success had, and remarkable frustrations exposed and close calls suffered. All in all, a collective dream of a group of talented men. And how is that to be valued?
When it comes time, either due to age, season, or regulation change, the example must move on to make room for the new, hopefully faster, better, more competent runner.
So what happens to today’s unit? It goes on the block… for sale… to the new racer, or perhaps the collector. In any case, a device at a very high state of entropy. In my way of thinking, this is the throbbing heart of a good deal.
Take, for example, this Callaway Corvette Z06.R GT3 that was campaigned in Europe by Callaway Competition and is now available for sale:
Callaway Corvette Z06.R GT3
Click on images to enlarge.
- Engine: front, V8, 90° longitudinal, 6.2L
- Engine management: EFI with traction control
- Drivetrain: Transaxle with open propeller shaft
- Gearbox: Hewland 6 Gear Sequential
- Final Drive: Getrag Differential
- Clutch: Tilton triple plate with central release
- Chassis: standard hydro-formed Chevrolet Z06, aluminum
- Front Brakes: AP Racing 6 piston, 378mm
- Rear Brakes: AP Racing 4 piston, 333mm
- Pedals: AP Racing Pedalbox
- Brake cooling: Carbon composite air ducting
- Wheels: O.Z. Racing, cast magnesium alloy
– Front: 12″ x 18″
– Rear: 13″ x 18″
– Wheel Mounting: center lock system
– Front: 30/68-18
– Rear: 31/71-18
Price: $200,000 USD
Call Callaway Cars at 860 434 9002 for more information.
Auf deutsch: Für spezifische Informationen rufen Sie uns bitte an unter der Telefonnummer +49 7131 9031 0.