ADAC GT Masters - Lausitzring 2017 Race 2
ADAC GT Masters - Lausitzring 2017 Race 1
The ADAC GT Masters series is, effectively, the German National Championship. GT3 has become the most popular form of GT racing in all of motorsports. GT3 is contested worldwide – continental Europe, the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Australia, Japan, South Africa, and South America. ADAC GT Masters race are broadcast live and on tape delay in Europe, Asia and South America. ADAC runs two races on scheduled weekends, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Each race is run for one hour, with a mandatory driver change at thirty minutes.
Callaway’s job is to supply these race teams with race cars, and to support them as clients. Every notable sportscar manufacturer has an entry in this series. Audi, BMW, Corvette, Porsche, Mercedes, Lamborghini and Bentley. The budgets are large, and the competition is very, very close. A qualifying field is covered by 1.8 seconds at most tracks. All cars are subject to a Balance of Performance compliance where power and weight are adjusted by the sanctioning body to achieve parity between brands. First, Second, and Third finishers are further handicapped with a weight penalty, but carried for only the next race.
The Callaway Corvette entries are the blue and white Valvoline-sponsored No. 77, driven by Daniel Keilwitz and Jules Gounon, and the RWT blue and blue No. 13, driven by Barth and Hacklander.
Practice, qualifying and race results are posted online: www.adac-gt-masters.de/uk/. (Remember, scheduled times are listed according to time of day at the racetrack.)
2017 ADAC GT Masters Season Schedule
• Apr 28-30 Oschersleben (Oschersleben, Germany)
• May 19-21 Lausitzring (Klettwitz, Germany)
• June 9-11 Red Bull Ring (Red Bull Ring, Austria)
• Jul 21-23 Zandvoort (Zandvoort, Netherlands)
• Aug 4-6 Nürburgring (Nürburg, Germany)
• Sep 15-17 Sachsenring (Hohenstein-Ernstthal, Germany)
• Sep 22-29 Hockenheimring (Hockenheim, Germany)
Lausitzring Schedule, May 19-21, 2017
• Free Practice 1 – Fri 4/19, 12:00 PM
• Free Practice Junior/Trophy – Fri 4/19, 1:05 PM
• Free Practice 2 – Fri 4/19, 5:00 PM
• Qualifying 1 – Sat 4/20, 9:00 AM
• Race 1 – Sat 4/20, 1:15 PM
• Qualifying 2 – Sun 4/21, 9:00 AM
• Race 2 – Sun 4/21, 1:15 PM